The keep-it-going Stroll FUNdraiser!
It’s a special evening of a friendly poetry competition at On The Rocks. The money raised goes straight to Stroll of Poets programming.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- The first 12 poets through the door with $20 are the competitors.
- There will be 5 judges of non-poets chosen from the crowd.
- The three judging criteria are:* Crowd Interaction/Response- how crowd reacts to poem and poet. Meaning they are scoring on how they hear the poem and understand it.
- * Content Comprehension- this is for the individual judge.
- * The Delivery- confidence, control and command.
- All three criteria have a max score out of ten for a combination of 30 points.
- The first round will have all 12 poets read one of their own works, then the judges will tally the scores. The top 6 move on to the final round.
- The top 6 will read one more of their works and once the judges have tallied the scores then there will be two prizes.
- The first prize is $100, second prize is $50.
*March 10th, 2015 at On The Rocks 11740 Jasper Avenue
*Doors and poet sign up at 6:30- Poetry Competition starts at 7pm and goes till 9pm
*To compete it is $20 and to come support the competitors it is $10 at the door.
*Poets who are competing please bring two of your best pieces and make sure each poem DOES NOT exceed 2 minutes.
Come One, Come All! Bring your best-Be the “Poet On Fire”-And you might walk away with cash!
The Stroll is Edmonton’s oldest poetry organization and an open door for poets at all levels of experience. Help keep it going/growing. Can’t make it to the competition? Drop a donation in the box at the next regular Stroll event or send a cheque to: Stroll of Poets c/o Ellen Kartz, Partnerships and Communication Coordinator, Writers’ Guild of Alberta, Percy Page Centre, 11759 Groat Road Edmonton AB T5M 3K6.