The Haven Reading Series is an opportunity for our members to share their poetry in front of a supportive audience in an atmosphere both friendly and inviting. Our two host venues are the Upper Crust Café and Audreys Books. The series runs from September to March on Mondays from 7-9 pm and some Sundays from 2-4 pm.
Each Haven event features four member readers who have signed up for their 10-minute reading in advance. Each Haven event also features a two-minute open mic, open to any and all poets. A $5 fee is charged at the door Monday nights at the Upper Crust to cover the venue cost and some snacks. Sunday readings at Audreys Books are free of charge.
To view the entire Haven season click Haven Schedule
Signing Up For A Reading
- Members are eligible for a 10-minute reading (for membership information visit Join The Stroll ).
- Before signing up for your scheduled reading, it is a good idea to attend some readings and read a 2-minute piece at the open mic.
- To sign up on-line please go to our Sign Up form, choose the date you wish, complete the form and submit. There is a limit of 4 readers for each date.
- A Haven organizer will remind you prior to your chosen reading date.
- Confirm your request by clicking Haven Schedule
- Please review the Guidelines For Readers prior to your scheduled reading date.
- If you are unable to attend your chosen reading date please notify Marco Melfi via the form below.
- You are also invited to consider volunteering at a Haven as a Mic Host or Door Host. For descriptions of these roles visit Volunteer With The Stroll at Join The Stroll
- If you do not normally have web access you may also sign up for your reading with our administrative assistant Ellen Kartz at 780-422-8216.